Monday, October 19, 2015

Empanada Recipe with Cream Cheese Crust

We lived in Panama for five years. One of the foods we came to love was empanadas, our favorite recipe is this one with a cream cheese crust. My mom will make these for a party or for a family gathering. She takes the time to make mini versions. Me - I am lazy and make larger ones.
I probably wrote out this recipe in the mid 1970's. First I didn't write all the directions out. Plus, I find it interesting to read these old recipes, Note this recipe called for oleo.
Talk about throw back. 

Empanadas

1 lb. cream cheese
1 lb. butter
4 C. flour


Crust: Have cream cheese & butter at room temp.
Cream butter and cream cheese
Add flour slowly
Chill well

Roll out and cut out circles.
Filling: 1 1/2 lb. ground meat. Add chili, salt, pepper, parsley, Tabasco and garlic to taste.
Add a small portion of meat to half of the circle of crust. Fold over gently and crimp with a fork.

Baked at 350 degrees until golden brown. These freeze and reheat extremely well.


What I do here is simply share our journey. We would love it if your joined our Perky Gramma Teaches community on Facebook
Here are a few things I have recently purchase for the farm. 

   

I participate in the Amazon Associate program, where I receive a small % commission for linking products that I recommend. I only recommend products I personally used and like. Your support is very appreciated, anything you choose to purchase through my link, is helping me to be able to share more things that I do with you. Perky Gramma Teaches Amazon link.


No comments:

Post a Comment