Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Spicy Sausage Appetizers


Spicy Sausage Appetizers
Zaycon Sausage Links
8 oz. shredded cheese (I used a jalapeno cheddar)
24 Ritz crackers 

Note: The picture here is of my first batch. The second batch I adjusted to double the cheese to 8 oz. Also the sausage isn't available until the next event. But, darn these links are awesome.


 Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
I sliced the links into quarters lengthwise, then cut up into smaller pieces. I browned them in a pan until sort of crispy. This will draw out the natural fat in the links.
Then I drained them on a paper towel and let cool down.


While the sausage was cooking, I grated the cheese into a bowl.


When the sausage was cool, I mixed the sausage into the cheese.
Then I placed the crackers on a lined baking sheet. Next I topped each cracker with the mixture. I mushed a little flat piece of the mixture and put it on top of the cracker.


Bake at 350 degrees for about 5-6 minutes, until the cheese is melted.

I also made some with some gluten free crackers for my dear friend Valri.











What I do here is simply share our journey of becoming debt free, teach vintage skills and living a new life on a farmstead. We would love it if your joined our Perky Gramma Teaches community on FacebookYour support is very appreciated, anything you choose to purchase through my link, is helping me to be able to share more things that I do with you. Perky Gramma Teaches Amazon link.
Perky Gramma Teaches is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment