The best thing is as a prepper, I have 100% of the ingredients stored. I was noticing though I only have one pastry blender. Living on the farm, away from a quick trip to the grocery store, I am saving lots of money cooking again
We didn't have the Food Network when I was a child, my little treasured cookbook is still with me and is over 50 years old. Pretty amazing to me.
Flaky Butter Biscuits
2 C. sifted flour
4 t. baking powder
1 t. salt
1/4 C. soft butter
2/3 C. milk
1. Turn on the oven and set at 425 degrees.
2. Sift the flour, add baking powder and salt and sift again into a mixing bowl.
3. Add the butter to the flour mixture. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender of 2 knives. Continue blending until mixture looks like course crumbs.
4. When well-mixed, add the milk all at once. Stir with a fork just til the dough follows the fork around the bowl. Don't stir too much as it will make the biscuits tough.
5. Sprinkle a little flour on a board and rolling pin. Dust hands with flour and knead the dough about 10 times.
6. Roll out the dough until it is about 1/2 inch thick. Cut with a biscuit cutter, or a glass or I actually used a ring from my canning jars.
7. Place biscuits on a lightly greased baking sheet.
8. Bake at 425 degrees for about 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Here is that commercial.
What I do here is simply share our journey of becoming debt free, teach vintage skills and living a new life on our farmette. We would love it if your joined our Perky Gramma Teaches community on Facebook, comment or share. Plus it would just make my day.
Your order is so very appreciated, because anything ordered through my Amazon Associate links helps me to be able to stay home and write for you.
Perky Gramma Teaches is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.