Sunday, June 21, 2015

City Mouse, Country Mouse musings...

I have a story to tell. We are still transitioning between our old house in the D.C. Metro area suburbs to out in the back country.
I ordered my Zaycon Chicken back in early May. Thursday afternoon I got my alert text that the chicken event pick-up was this Saturday. Yippee! Oh, NO! We are mostly living in town (where the chicken event was), BUT my FoodSaver, bags and freezer are at the new house.
I quickly call my dear husband, who was at the farm and asked him if he could find the FoodSaver. He found it,, but not the bags. UGH! Usually I am far better prepared than this.
Now, I admit living in the city has some advantages. One is my Amazon Prime Membership.
I actually am one who takes their time in making decisions. When I am settled I jump in with both feet. I love my membership, since I do a decent amount of ordering from them, especially books. First I liked the free 2 day shipping. Next, I started to enjoy free movie and t.v. shows. Then they just introduced free same day delivery ($35 order) in my area.
I jumped online and ordered my bags. Woot! Woot!
They arrived on Friday (within 24 hrs.) as promised. This really is a good deal if you do a decent amount of purchases online. Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial

Saturday, I headed out to Leesburg, VA.  I drove into the parking lot of a local church...

...and Ambassador Andy, the kind driver from Zaycon loaded my forty pounds of chicken in my car & took pictures with my City Mouse. I ran by 7-11 to get ice to pack the chicken with and then headed out to the farm, with my FoodSaver bags, camera and my mouse- since it is about a 90 minute ride.


 





When I got to the new house, my dear friend & her daughter came over and helped me vacuum seal all the chicken. Here is how to ---> (Step by Step: FoodSaver Vacuum Sealer to the Rescue).

I popped the completed bags in the freezer & then I loaded some of the chicken to take back to Northern Virginia.
This city mouse still has some learning to do.

If you want to learn more about Zaycon Fresh and How to Earn and Save Money with Zaycon
Feel free to join our community Perky Gramma Teaches on Facebook.




No comments:

Post a Comment