Wednesday, June 10, 2015

The City Mouse and the Country Mouse...

This is a story, a real life journey of transitioning from a city mouse into a country mouse. My dear husband (Mr. Perky) and I started on this journey  in the summer of 2012. Our life was working day in and day out, living with typical debt and really didn't think we would be able to retire. Over time we have been able to transition from dependency to self-sufficiency.
Through hard work & focus we have managed to get out of debt, drastically cut down on our expenses through learning old fashioned skills like growing our own garden, canning and dehydrating. My hope is to share helpful hints from real life experiences that you are able to share.
Today I am inviting you to join me on this journey. Grab a cup of coffee, hang around, read other posts. I have been blogging on various subjects (designing worship experiences and stages and being prepared for emergency situations) for over 10 years and I thought it was time to focus on our newest adventure with this blog geared towards our new self-sufficient lifestyle and homesteading.
This is a dream that has become a reality.
Please feel free to join our community of Facebook at Perky Gramma Teaches, we would love to have you share what you are doing & value your journey.


Now for your reading pleasure:
Once upon a time a city mouse went to visit his cousin in the country. This country mouse was down-to-earth, and he loved his cousin and made him welcome.  Beans, cheese, and bread were all the country mouse had to offer, but he offered them freely. The city mouse, being used to gourmet cuisine, turned up his nose at this country fare.



"I cannot understand, Cousin, how you can put up with such poor food as this, but of course you cannot expect anything better in the country.  Come with me and I will show you how to really live. When you have been in city a week, you will wonder how you could ever have stood your simple country life."
No sooner said than done, the two mice set off for city and arrived at the city mouse's residence.  "You will want some refreshments after our long journey," said the polite city mouse and took his friend into a grand dining room.  There they found the remains of a feast, and soon the two mice were eating up tarts and cakes and all that was nice.
Suddenly, they heard growling and barking.  "What is that?" asked the country mouse.  "It is only the dogs of the house," answered the other.  "Only!" said the country mouse. "I do not like to hear that sound at my dinner table.”  Just at that moment the door flew open, and in came two huge dogs. The two mice had to scamper down from the table and run off.  
"Good-bye, Cousin," said the country mouse.  "What! Going so soon?" said the other. "Yes," he replied. 
"Better beans and bread in peace than cakes and tarts in fear."

Wait there is more...

                      

I recently purchased and posted about the UCO Candlelier review above. My main needs were something to use that didn't require electricity & something with enough light that I could read books by. It's fantastic!


What I do here is simply share our journey of becoming debt free, teach vintage skills and living a new life on our farmette. We would love it if your joined our Perky Gramma Teaches community on Facebook, comment or share. Plus it would just make my day.
Your order is so very appreciated, because anything ordered through my Amazon Associate links helps me to be able to stay home and write for you.
Perky Gramma Teaches is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment