Sunday, June 21, 2015

Step by Step: FoodSaver Vacuum Sealer to the Rescue

As you get to know me you will learn I really enjoy pressure canning and vacuum sealing various meats. Vacuum sealing is really a great way to save meat for the long haul. It greatly increases the freezer life of food. The bags (although not cheap) really are worth the extra cost because they keep a lot more air out that standard bags. Less air, the longer the meat lasts.
As you may know, I also order a lot of meat from Zaycon because of the great savings & quality.

My girlfriend brought one of her vacuum sealers over, Here is her daughter going through the steps.

1) Square up the top of the bag


2) Insert the bag until your hear the sealer start to engage


3) Wait for the red light to turn off


4) Remove the bag & you are done. Ready to throw in the freezer.


Keep an eye out for City Mouse who seems to be popping up every now and again.


I used both quart sized and pints sized bags today. Vacuum sealing in bags is really that simple.

Please feel free to join our community at Perky Gramma Teaches on Facebook. Small but growing and learning as we go on this homesteading journey.

Amazon Links for Items Used Today:
       
I participate in the Amazon Associate program, where I receive a small percentage of the profits of items people order through links on my page. I only share links of products that I actually use and recommend & I really appreciate your support.


5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember that even the best vacuum sealer may have a few negative reviews, so be sure to separate the occasional defective device from the rest of the reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first time visit to your blog and I am very interested in the articles that you serve. Provide enough knowledge for me. Thank you for sharing useful and don't forget, keep sharing useful info: best vacuum sealer

    ReplyDelete
  4. This particular is usually apparently essential and moreover outstanding truth along with for sure fair-minded and moreover admittedly useful My business is looking to find in advance designed for this specific useful stuffs… best food vacuum sealer,

    ReplyDelete