Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Review of the UCO Candlelier® Candle Lantern

I am constantly searching for products that I am able to use in the event of an electrical outage. Be it short-term or if perchance it becomes a way of life. 
Mr. Perky and I have had several chats about committing to simply becoming less dependant on electricity as a life style choice. I like finding products that use various types of fuel sources. I have tried several products that haven't worked as well as I would like. All that changed with my purchse of the UCO Candlelier® Candle Lantern.  This baby uses three 9-hour candles which I feel makes the Candlelier an excellent choice for home and emergency use. The Candlelier employs spring-loaded candle tubes, twist-lock base, aluminum body, and glass chimney. 

                                         

For me I really liked the amount of light it puts out. My big test was to see if I am able to read by the light emitted & I was able to with out any problems what so ever. Seriously, if the lights are out for a short time, I just pull out a great book to read.
It has a heat shield on the top which they said will produce enough heat to heat small amounts of liquid. Initially I didn't have it seated well enough on top, you sort of have to push it down inside. It does get hot, just ask my silly fingers that "tested" the heat. It definitely heated up some water.

The lantern comes with 3 regular candles. We purchased several extra packs of candles.
Now that I am comfortable with the product, I will be getting more candles and a citronella set of candles (to try out) for my storage. This is one product I love.

Feel free to join our community at Perky Gramma Teaches on Facebook. We have a nice little group of people and we share various vintage skills & tips. It's all about the journey of farming/homesteading.


        

I participate in the Amazon Associates program, where I receive a small percentage of purchase made from my recommendations. I only recommend items that I personally use (or something similar) and like. I always appreciate your help.

No comments:

Post a Comment